Leviticus 26:18-26 ” ‘If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. I will break down your stubborn pride and make the sky above you like iron and the ground beneath you like bronze. Your strength will be spent in vain, because your soil will not yield its crops, nor will the trees of the land yield their fruit.
” ‘If you remain hostile toward me and refuse to listen to me, I will multiply your afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve. I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob you of your children, destroy your cattle and make you so few in number that your roads will be deserted.
” ‘If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me, I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over. And I will bring the sword upon you to avenge the breaking of the covenant. When you withdraw into your cities, I will send a plague among you, and you will be given into enemy hands. When I cut off your supply of bread, ten women will be able to bake your bread in one oven, and they will dole out the bread by weight. You will eat, but you will not be satisfied.
This reading is the second installment of a previous reading “God will bring sudden terror and diseases on you.”
God continues to list out judgments for not obeying his commands including:
- Your soil will not yield its crop nor your trees yield its fruits
- He will multiply affliction seven times over
- God will send wild animals to kill your children, cattle, and to make you few in number
- God himself will be hostile towards you and afflict you
- God will bring the sword against you
- God will send a plague against you
- God will give you into your enemies hand
- God will cut off your supply of bread
- You will eat and not be satisfied.
more to come….